Personal Injury Overview
on January 10, 2014 by George Panagiotopouloson January 10, 2014
The term “personal injury” encompasses a wide variety of injuries that are caused by another party’s negligence. Thus, when you are selecting a personal injury attorney to represent you, it is important to determine whether he or she is experienced in handling the type of accident or injury you are facing.
Accident-related injuries occur in a variety of ways. Common causes of personal injury are:
- Vehicle accidents. When you are hurt in an auto accident, it can be life altering. Wrecks can result in broken bones, head trauma, burns, loss of limbs, paralysis and even death. If you are injured in a car, motorcycle, truck or other type of vehicle crash, you need legal help.
- Pedestrian and bicycle accidents. Drivers of vehicles who hit pedestrians or bicyclists typically say they never saw the victim. Injuries in a pedestrian or bicycle accident can range from mild to severe, depending on many different factors.
- Slip and fall. When a property owner fails to properly maintain the premises and you are injured as a result of the negligence, you may have a claim for premises liability. A slip and fall accident is the most common form of premises liability claims and it can include a fall caused by liquid left on the floor, a faulty stairway, improper lighting and other dangerous conditions on the property.
- Medical malpractice. You should be able to rely on your doctor, nurse, surgeon or other healthcare provider to perform their jobs professionally. When a mistake is made and your health is put into jeopardy as a result, you may have a claim for medical malpractice.
- Workplace accidents. When you are hurt while on the job, you may have a worker’s compensation claim and/or a personal injury claim. Workplace injuries can range from severe harm caused by large machinery to carpel tunnel syndrome that occurs over time.
When you are involved in an accident caused by another party’s negligence, it is important to obtain the appropriate medical care and to seek the assistance of an experienced personal injury attorney to learn your legal options.
If you have been hurt by another party’s negligence, you need help. Contact Slater, TenSlater, Tenaglia, Fritz & Hunt, P.A. to learn how we can help you recover the damages suffered by your personal injury. We proudly serve individuals throughout New York, New Jersey and Pennsylvania. We can be contacted by phone at (201) 820-6001 in New Jersey or (212) 692-0200 in New York. We can also be found on the Internet , LInkedin, Twitter, Google+ and Youtube. And remember, we handle all of our personal injury cases on a contingency fee basis, which means you do not pay our fees unless we recover for you. Like us on Facebook.