Common Causes of Car Crashes
Unfortunately, traffic accidents occur every day. If you or a loved one has been injured in a wreck caused by another driver’s negligence, it can be overwhelming. Not only do you have property damage to your vehicle, you also have medical bills, lost wages and other damages suffered which can be extremely costly. Thus, when you are injured in a car accident, it is important to confer with an injury lawyer to learn your options for recovering your damages.
Accidents can be caused by numerous factors, including:
- Distracted driving. We often think of distracted drivers as being teenagers, but all drivers are vulnerable to being distracted. Whether the distraction is talking on the phone, texting, grooming, eating or slowing to look at another wreck on the road, anything that takes your focus off of driving safely can cause a crash.
- Driver impairment. Even with all of the campaigning against driving while impaired, there are still many wrecks being caused by drivers impaired by alcohol or drugs.
- Negligence. A driver that is speeding, improperly changing lanes, tailgating, driving aggressively or driving while sleepy can cause an accident.
- Roadway defects. Your accident may not involve another vehicle and still be caused by another party’s negligence. Specifically, defects in the roadway can cause wrecks. For example, accidents can result from improper signage, defective lights, curbs, speed bumps and faulty roadway banking.
- Mechanical defect. The automotive industry is known for having numerous product recalls. Because cars are made of thousands of parts and pieces, it is common for defects to occur. Common mechanical defects can include defective tires, brakes, seatbelts, airbags, engines and many other mechanical failures that can cause an accident.
If you have been hurt in an auto accident, a skilled personal injury lawyer will thoroughly investigate all of the possible causes of your crash to determine liability and pursue compensation for your damages.
At Slater, Tenaglia, Fritz & Hunt, P.A., we take your injury seriously. We are aggressive in pursuing the full and fair compensation you deserve from the negligent party that caused your accident. To schedule your complimentary initial consultation, contact us by phone at (201) 820-6001 in New Jersey or (212) 692-0200 in New York. We can also be found on Facebook and on the Internet. All personal injury cases are handled on a contingency fee basis, which means you do not pay our fees unless we recover for you. Contact us today!