Colleen M. HirstAssociate
Colleen Hirst is an experienced litigation attorney, concentrating her practice in the areas of creditor’s rights and commercial contract litigation. In practice for over eighteen years, Colleen’s broad experience includes civil litigation, motion practice, counterclaim defenses, bankruptcy, arbitration, mediation and settlement negotiations. Prior to joining our firm, Colleen was approved by the Department of Justice to represent the United States in numerous collection matters. Colleen has represented various parties in municipal, state and federal court litigation in New Jersey, including chancery court litigation, breach of contract cases, foreclosures, contract disputes and business litigation matters.
Education and Honors
- Rutgers University School of Law, J.D.
- Rutgers University School of Business, Bachelor of Science
- Clerked for the Hon. Karen D. Russell, J.S.C., Sussex County Superior Court
- Interned for the Hon. Martin A. Herman, J.S.C., Gloucester County Superior Court
Admission / Court Memberships
- New Jersey
- United States District Court, New Jersey
- New Jersey Bar Association
- Member, The Cooper Foundation Board of Trustees
- President, The Women’s Board of The Cooper Foundation (2020-present)