John Tenaglia is the Managing Partner at Tenaglia & Hunt. He is an entrepreneurial, business-savvy legal advisor to a number of banks, lenders, FinTech companies and international businesses. John's clients trust him both for his legal advice and his practical business advice.
In the financial services industry, John represents national banks, lenders and Fortune 500 corporations in the recovery of their receivables. Year after year, Tenaglia & Hunt is ranked among the top law firms in the country for debt recovery.
In the FinTech industry, John represents some of the fastest growing and most dynamic players. He provides regulatory compliance advice in the area of increasing governmental scrutiny. John assists clients with licensing requirements and compliance with state and federal regulations.
As a thought leader in the collections industry, John helps lender clients build comprehensive and compliant revenue management and collection processes.
John has served as a seminar speaker for the New Jersey Law Journal, National Business Institute and the National Association of Retail Collection Attorneys, national and international collection agencies, as well as Fortune 500 corporations on the topics of revenue management, debt collection and regulation in the financial services industry.
Education and Honors
- Pace University School of Law, J.D. 2004, magna cum laude, Law Review Editor
- Drew University, B.A., 2001, summa cum laude
- Interned for Honorable Dennis M. Cavanaugh, U.S. District Court, District of New Jersey
- Named 2015 New Leader of the Bar by the New Jersey Law Journal
- 2015 NJBIZ Forty Under 40 Winner
- Named 201 Magazine’s List of Top Lawyers in Bergen County for 2018 & 2017
- New Jersey, 2004
- U.S. District Court, District of New Jersey
- National Association of Retail Collection Attorneys
- Commercial Collection Agencies of America
- New Jersey Bar Association
- New Jersey Creditors Bar Association